APPA Board Director Elections 2020- Call for nominations
Each year, APPA seeks nominations for member director positions for a three-year term to join the APPA Board. This year, there are three positions available and members are now invited to express their interest in being elected to fill these vacancies commencing in November 2020 (directly following the Annual General Meeting).
APPA directors play an active and visible leadership role in the promotional products industry and has the overall responsibility for both setting the strategic direction of APPA and for the financial viability of the association.
What are the requirements?
- Nominees must be an owner or an employee (with approval to nominate) of a current financial APPA member.
- Nominees should be aware of the time commitment involved; the Board meets four times a year for a full day (usually in person) in various capital cities and Board sub-committees also meet electronically several times a year as required. Additional hours are also expected.
- In addition to Board meetings, Directors may be required to attend APPA events.
- Travel and accommodation expenses incurred are reimbursed at cost, however this is a voluntary role without remuneration.
Desired Attributes of a Director:
- Demonstrates integrity by putting the association’s interests before personal interests and acting ethically;
- Has curiosity and courage to ask questions and persist in asking or challenging management and fellow Directors where necessary;
- Demonstrates advanced interpersonal skills by working well in a group, listening well and respectfully communicating their point of view;
- Demonstrates good business instincts and acumen and an ability to get to the crux of the issue quickly;
- Able to be an active contributor with adequate time to devote to the association’s affairs, read Board papers and actively contribute during meetings.
The APPA Board values and seeks diversity as defined by gender, ethnicity, age, role and level of experience and encourages applications from all eligible members.
How to Apply:
To nominate for a Board position, nominees will need to complete the 2020 Director Nomination Form. All completed nominations are to be delivered to email@example.com by 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time on Monday 28 September 2020. No late nominations will be accepted.
When the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies, appointment to the Board will be determined by election from the APPA membership base.
The estimated timetable for the conduct of an election is as follows:
Nomination Forms distributed to Members
September 1 2020
Nominations close at 5pm (AEST)
September 28 2020
Voting open to members
October 12 2020
Voting closes at 5pm (AEST)
October 26 2020
Declaration of election results
Early November (TBA)
Annual General Meeting
Late November (TBA)
Please contact APPA CEO Wesley Fawaz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0420 55 7212 if you have any queries regarding the role of a Director at APPA.