Good Things is a young and rapidly growing Australian owned promotional merchandise company that is looking for an experienced, outgoing and results-driven Account Manager to join our team. Our aim is to be the #1 Branded product business in Australia and reinvent the way branded products are sourced and ordered.
- You are driven to succeed and are highly motivated by quarterly commissions that can be up to the base salary (on top)
- You have a track record of growing accounts and chasing down great leads.
- You also have experience developing your own pipeline through existing relationships and using your own network as much as possible
We have successfully built and grown our National client base over the last 5 years and now need someone to help take things to the next level and share in our continued success.
Key to succeeding in this role is a genuine drive and passion for building relationships as well as strong commercial smarts in order to seek out and lock-down new clients and business opportunities.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Growing sales of existing key clients and large accounts year on year.
- Communicating and regularly meeting face-to-face (10+ per week) or Zoom with clients to foster relationships and maintain our client portfolio.
- Growing our Sales Pipeline by asking the right questions of existing customers and providing exceptional service and follow-up.
- Presenting new products to customers and keeping up to date with relevant innovations to influence our offer.
- Hitting and exceeding KPI's.
- Analysing sales data for continuous improvement initiatives and accurate forecasting.
- General administration associated with the role e.g. invoicing, data entry etc.
Who we're looking for:
This role is ideal for an experienced and proactive individual who has had prior experience (2-3 years) working in a similar sales and account management role with proven results and a track record of growing sales.
The Melbourne AM role is a pivotal position in our growth in VIC, taking on responsibility for key results and being part of the VIC sales team. We see the ideal candidate for this position developing into a leadership position for the territory in the short to medium term.
Other qualities that are important in this role are:
- Amazing work ethic and determination to meet deadlines and achieve strong results.
- Second-to-none relationship building skills – highly personable and easily builds rapport, acts with integrity, communicates clearly and regularly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in a customer service, support, sales or account management role within a fast paced environment.
- High level Word processing skills.
- Well organised and easily works well in a team environment.
- Customer-focused - prioritises the clients' needs and has a proven record of delivering exceptional service and support.
- An ability to handle and meet sales budgets.
- Flexible and able to prioritise effectively, particularly under pressure to get the job done.
- Prior experience in the Promotional, Corporate or Education industry is a bonus (but not essential).
- Valid driver's licence and own vehicle (travel costs will be reimbursed as per our company policy)
- Alignment with our Core Values (please see below).
Reasons why you should join us at Good Things:
- Great young company culture that's values driven.
- Dynamic team and flexible work environment.
- Opportunity to genuinely contribute and have impact with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Continue to learn and grow; build your entrepreneurial skill-set and work closely with the company directors.
- Attractive remuneration and incentives
- Get your birthday day off !
- Our Core Values are key to our success – they govern everything we do so it's super important that all of our team members align with our values and live and breathe them too.
- Attention to Detail in everything we do
- Back in a Flash - Speed is everything to us
- Customer Focussed - They are why we're here!
- Positive Attitude - self-explanatory!
- Accountability - Owning our work
- Kaizen - Always learning and improving
- There is great opportunity to grow within our organisation with a big emphasis on employee development and internal promotion.
If you're looking for an opportunity to make your mark and bring your expertise to the table with a business that will genuinely value it, we'd love to hear from you!
Please include a cover letter with your application highlighting your top 3 achievements in a similar account management or sales role.
Please email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org