We are looking for an experienced yet hungry Product development Manager to help be our chief creative influence and make great ideas come to life. You will be the crucial link between our sales team and suppliers - and the key driver of fulfilling client briefs with a strong emphasis on unique product design.
Working with others comes naturally and you’ll be as comfortable engaging with sales, production and offshore suppliers as well as clients when required. The success of this role comes down to ability to meet a brief, wow our clients and then go away and deliver on budget.
Key attributes for us are someone who has a can do attitude, who can roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get it done. We see this as a keystone position for the company with great potential to grow a team and become a leadership role. Being relatively small and agile we see our advantage as being ability to act and move fast and this is critical to this role.
Why Good Things?
We may be a small company now, but we are achieving big and great things as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies. You’ll be joining us at a pivotal time in our company’s history where you’ll have the chance to make a big impact. We offer a competitive salary, incentive and bonuses schemes, a great team environment, future career opportunities and a tonne of fun and perks along the way.
Reporting to the managing director, key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the complete product development process from idea creation and concepts through to sampling and bulk production
- Working collaboratively across teams design, develop products to meet deadlines and drive sales and profitability
- Have a track record of providing inspiring designs and concepts
- Source new products on trend and incorporating an eco friendly focus
- Manage suppliers’ performance and identify opportunities and weaknesses and sourcing new suppliers where necessary
- Demonstrate a strong commercial focus, team leadership ability and management of agreed KPIs
- Maintaining effective relationships and negotiating favourable terms with suppliers
- Communicate effectively across the organisation to ensure alignment of products under research and development.
- Review product specifications to ensure safety and quality of product design and manufacture.
- Monitoring and analysing market trends to find new opportunities in the market
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience in multiple product development roles both retail and B2B environments.
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A problem solving approach, and doesn’t mind a good challenge.
- High energy, drive and can handle a fast paced environment.
- What are we looking for?
- Skills and Experience
- Buying and product development experience in a consumer goods or a promotional context.
- Highly developed analytical and lateral thinking skills developed over time in a similar role
- Strong attention to detail around product specifications and artwork
- Ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external parties
- Confident in understanding budgets and margin calculations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a Production Assistant/Coordinator role or in an administrative capacity within a sourcing team
- Proactive, motivated, and is looking to grow professionally.
If this position is of interest to you we would like to hear from you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your CV to email@example.com