GPI Corporate is a well established and growing promotional marketing company in Melbourne and has been in the industry for over 25 years. As a leading supplier of promotional clothing and merchandise to corporate businesses throughout Australia, we are rapidly becoming the solution of choice for marketing departments and major corporate agencies nationally and internationally. Through our Australian offices and Hong Kong office, we are focused on supplying quality products for some of the world's leading brands and are well aware of the need to provide staff with the right atmosphere and reward to encourage longevity.
In this diverse role, you will be required to co-ordinate the sourcing and buying process and be involved with:
- The costing of goods quoted in US Dollars and have an understanding of the international freight process.
- Working closely with leading international brands.
- Sourcing creative products that fit a client's brief from offshore manufacturers/sources.
- Liasing and Negotiating with a diverse range of overseas suppliers (mainly in Asia).
- Controlling the production of jobs.
- Project Managing various client briefs and assisting in providing creative and innovative solutions to their promotional merchandise needs.
- Assisting with the presentation of tenders and client briefs with creative concepts.
- Liasing with graphics, sales and production staff.
- Adapting to a changing work environment, embracing change and being an enthusiastic team player.
The successful candidate will be self motivated, customer focused, reliable and will possess a strong desire to succeed. You will have a good working knowledge of computers and an eye for detail. Some graphics ability would be to your advantage. The ability to speak Mandarin/Cantonese would also be an advantage to assist in the communication with our Asian suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have least 2 years industry experience, either in Promotional Merchandise, Giftware or Retail, in the purchasing and buying process. Your personality and work ethic will demonstrate consistency, attention to detail and confidence in your ability to handle a range of tasks. The candidate will need to be well organized and be a great communicator. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting industry that values employee development.
We can offer the successful candidate the opportunity to grow and learn in an industry leading organisation.
The General Manager, GPI Corporate