At Robertson Marketing, we manage custom merchandise programs for some of the largest companies in the world. Our firm is currently recruiting a part-time contractor as a Regional Account Manager-Australia to support a client headquartered in Sydney as well as other global clients.
As the Regional Account Manager-Australia, the part-time contractor will interact with the client by brainstorming new ideas and handling merchandise requests for their existing program. Candidate will be trained to facilitate custom merchandise requests as well. The ideal candidate will have retail merchandise buying experience, project management, or event management experience with an eye toward design and a strong understanding of trends across wearables, accessories, giftware, and sustainability. Due to the role's responsibilities, only local candidates in or within 1-hour of Sydney will be considered. This role will flex between remote and onsite work (currently 100% remote due to COVID-19).
- Be a key liaison between Robertson Marketing and our client’s Program Manager.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of Australian projects in conjunction with US-based account manager.
- Actively participate in onsite meetings at the client’s headquarters in Sydney (when needed and following appropriate COVID-19 guidelines).
- Be an active participant in Robertson Marketing’s merchandise, creative and project management processes to provide exceptional client solutions.
- Manage client merchandise requests and design creative merchandise ideas or quotes.
- Monitor technical and logistical details to meet order requirements and deadlines.
- Work with the purchasing and production staff to ensure timely delivery of all orders.
- Manage risks on timelines and advise account team of any delays/variances.
- Oversee large scale events in Australia including merchandise orders and booth staffing at events, such as trade shows.
- Develop relationships with suppliers and third parties in Australia and greater Asia Pacific region.
- Conduct onsite visits to local third parties when sourcing merchandise, establishing fulfillment relationships, or other associated responsibilities.
- Ensure that local third parties are sourcing product and treating employees in socially responsible ways.
- Stay informed of potential regulatory changes and geopolitical events within Australia, highlighting such changes to US employees at Robertson Marketing.
- When needed, able to travel throughout Australia.
- 3+ years working in one or more of the following – branded merchandise industry (preferred), events, retail leadership, merchandise account management
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Suite) preferred
- Expert relationship builder; able to establish trust with client and account teams
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Proficient time management and detailed approach to manage projects simultaneously