The APPA Y-Promo Virtual Series brings together emerging talent within the promotional products industry. Young professionals (under 35 years of age) are paving the way for the future success and growth of our industry and investing in their development and network will ensure the best outcomes for our industry.
This event is proudly sponsored by JS Supplies.
Key objectives of the Y-Promo Virtual Series are to:
- Help APPA members reward, motivate and retain their staff;
- Enhance young talents to develop their potential and contribution to their employer/business;
- Build a network of future talent to create new and long-lasting contacts within the industry;
- Engage the next generation of leaders to retain talent within the industry;
- Encourage leadership and entrepreneurial spirit of our young professionals and business owners.
Session 1: Wednesday: September 16 2020 between 11:00am – 1:30pm (AEST)
Session 2: Wednesday: October 7 2020 between 11:00am – 1:00pm (AEST)
Session 3: Wednesday: October 28 2020 between 11:00am – 12:30pm (AEST)
This is a FREE series funded by APPA and sponsored by JS Supplies.
The APPA Y-Promo Virtual Series is limited to 20 participants. Participants Requirements:
- Must be APPA members/employees of APPA members
- 35 years or under
- Intends to stay in the promotional products industry
- Committed to attending all three sessions and activities (business owners and senior members are asked to support participants by ensuring they attend).
How to Apply
Applications for this series have now closed.
Virtual Series Program
The APPA Y-Promo Virtual Series Program includes:
Session 1: Learn How To Podcast
This Learn How to Podcast session includes an online 10 module Basic Podcasting Course, a 2.5hr virtual workshop and a podcasting project.
Online Super Basic Podcasting Course
This course includes 5hrs of audio and handouts to teach you the basics of the six core elements to podcasting: Select, Write, Record, Edit, Release & Market and Promote…Your Podcast.
Virtual Podcasting Basics Workshop (2.5hrs)
The first hour of this workshop will answer any questions you have from the online course and expand upon the course content:
- Recording in various environments
- What equipment is best for your needs and budget
- Approaching and interviewing guests
- Topics and formats
- What makes a good story
The final 1.5hrs will cover Editing Basics:
- How to start a new project
- How to load audio into a new project
- How to do a basic construction edit
- How to add basic audio layers like music
- How to do very small level adjustments
- How to save and export ready for release
Attendees will be paired together to undertake their first podcast project on a topic of their choice related to the promotional products industry. APPA will set up a Podcast Feed and your podcast will be released and available to the APPA membership.
Session 2: What is Your Personality Type and Speed Networking
This Personal Type session includes an online personality assessment, a 1.5hr virtual webinar followed by speed networking.
Attendees will complete a free online version of the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Personality Test which covers four categories: introversion or extraversion, sensing or intuition, thinking or feeling, judging or perceiving. One letter from each category is taken to produce a four-letter test result, like "ISTJ" or "ENFP" to identify you with one of the 16 personality types.
What is Your Best Fit Myers-Brigs Personality Type Webinar (1.5hrs)
In this webinar Kelly Magowan, an experienced Type Facilitator will go through Type Theory and your online assessment report, to help you validate your own personality type and your preferred way of operating. You will also gain a greater understanding of the 15 other types, explore ways to pause, reflect and adapt your approach to help improve your communication and interactions with colleagues, clients, friends and family. Key Webinar takeaways:
- Validate your best fit personality type
- Confidence in who you are
- Greater understanding of the other 15 personality types
- Clarity of common communication challenges
- Your stress triggers in brief
Speed Networking (30minutes)
Attendees will break out into virtual rooms for speed networking to meet the other Y-Promo professionals.
Session 3: Building a Value-Centric Profile on LinkedIn & Pros and Cons of Running Your Own Business
Building a Value-Centric Profile on LinkedIn (1hr)
In this one-hour webinar, Bill McCormack of Social Sales Link in the USA will look at ways to transform your profile from a resume to a resource as well as ways to connect with prospects that can lead to more sales conversations.
With his promotional products distributor business, Bill McCormick discovered the power of LinkedIn finding leads and generating sales as a major part of his sales process. Since then, Bill has joined one of the world’s top LinkedIn trainers, Social Sales Link where he specialises in helping sales teams launch social selling programs in order to maximize their LinkedIn efforts.
Pros and Cons of Running Your Own Business (Jeremy Chen, Good Things)
In this webinar, Jeremey will provide an insight into the challenges, the highs and the lows that small business owners face when running their own distributor business.
If you have any questions about the Y-Promo Series or have any issues submitting your application please email email@example.com.