Promo Industry Stats
In Hard Economic Times Promotional Products Provide Affordable, Accountable, Measurable Advertising
Now more than ever, marketers need to reward and build brand loyalty. It is important to continue to acknowledge and thank clients, employees and suppliers.
Marketers spend more than $1.34 billion dollars (AUS) and $144 million (NZ) a year on promotional items for one reason, they work.
- * 52% say their impression of a company is more positive after receiving a branded product.
- * 76% recall the name advertised on the product.
- * 55% keep the item for more than one year.
- * Nearly 50% of recipients use them daily.
- * 52% of people do business with a company
- * Spend less, achieve more and remind people about the benefit of doing business with you.
Promotional Products in the Home:
- * How many people have at least one custom branded product in their kitchens? 91%
- * How many have 2 or more in their kitchens? 81%
- * In fact, the kitchen is the #1 place people use and keep them
(People spend on average 3-5 hours a day in their kitchens)
In the Office:
- * How many people have at least one logo branded product in their offices? 74%
- * How many have 2 or more in their offices? 59%
- * In the work place, more than half of people hold onto a gift product from 1 to more than 4 years.
Reach & Recall:
- * 71% of business travellers surveyed reported receiving a promotional gift in a 12 month period.
- * 33.7% of this group had the item on their person.
- * 56% of people kept theirs for more than one year.
- * 76.4% said they kept them because they are useful.
- * 76.1% of the respondents could recall the advertisers name on the product.
*How effective are Promotional Products in staff retention, motivation and brand interest?
- * 75% of Human Resource mangers surveyed are using custom merchandise in recognition programs.
- * 72% of marketing and HR managers say that promo marketing is highly effective in motivation and retention of staff.
- * 100% of advertisers said that promo marketing returned a favourable response to their campaign.
- * 69% of advertisers said promo marketing efforts increased brand interest and 84% it created more favourable impressions of the brand itself.
Understanding the medium:
- * A product is just a product, until it is linked with a promotion, it then becomes an advertisement.
- * The most successful advertising campaigns are the result of a planed strategy.
- * Throwing products at your target market without that planning is a waste your marketing dollars.
- * The product is only one component in the whole campaign.
- * The creativity used to get a response is the key to increasing profits and promoting brands.
Successful campaigns require:
- *Strategic ‘logistical’ and ‘emotional’ roll out
- * Action engagement triggers
- * Data collection analysis
- * Technical logo application knowledge
- * Creating the difference between a ‘passive’ and ‘active’ promotion
For over 25 years APPA has representing the regions of Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia and P&G. APPA members now include over 800 of the top promotion industry professionals in the region. APPA promotes the development and good standing of that segment of the advertising industry which is concerned with the manufacture, distribution and application of branded merchandise in accordance with business practices and ethics which meet the highest industry and community standards.