APPA gathers two types of information about users of this website:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions including registering for APPA’s trade shows.
- Information APPA gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout APPA’s websites.
This information allows APPA to better tailor the content of this website and to track the demographics of APPA’s audience. APPA reserves the right to share information amongst its membership base.
APPA tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of APPA’s websites. However, APPA does not correlate this information with data about individual users. APPA breaks down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
APPA may on occasion track and catalogue the search terms that users enter in the Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. APPA uses tracking information to determine which areas of APPA’s websites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas.
APPA does not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps APPA continue to build a better service for you.
Sharing of Information
APPA uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help APPA better understand APPA’s audience's demographics. This is essential to keeping APPA’s service free. APPA will share personal information about individual users to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of APPA’s users or the public.
- APPA will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by APPA and for other compatible purposes.
- APPA will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- APPA will ensure that personal information collected should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- APPA will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- APPA will make readily available to customers information about APPA’s policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Without limiting paragraph (a) above, APPA may disclose your personal information to its advisers and such other parties as necessary to fulfil APPA’s purposes or if APPA is required to make such disclosure by law.
APPA operates secure data network protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. APPA’s security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by APPA’s customers.
When paying for your APPA trade show booking online, your financial details are passed through a secure server using 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.
If you have any questions regarding APPA’s security policy, please contact APPA at firstname.lastname@example.org